Welcome to our hijab mentorship program!
We want you to know, your questions and emotions are valid, and we are here to help.
- Are you new to wearing hijab and looking for guidance and support?
- Are you struggling to keep the hijab on or don’t understand why you have to wear it?
Our program is designed to provide one-on-one mentorship to individuals who are interested in learning more about hijab and build a fruitful relationship to confidently incorporate it into their daily lives.
Many of us have come from environments that may not have nurtured our questions nor created a foundation for the hijab.
- Society and our surrounding environment can create many barriers to wearing the hijab with conviction.
- One which requires an active effort, contemplation, and an honest conversation to deconstruct and eliminate factors impacting our understanding of the hijab in its totality.
When we merely understand the hijab strictly from a social and cultural perspective, we lose sight of its religious and spiritual essence. How do we resolve this? By having difficult conversations.
Our team is here to answer your questions
Our team of experienced mentors is here to answer your questions, offer advice, and provide a supportive community for you to grow and learn. Our goal is to empower you to confidently and comfortably express your identity through hijab. Whether you have questions about how to deal with negative comments or reactions, how to style your hijab, or how to navigate any other challenges you may face, we will walk through these challenges together.
The program is designed to provide guidance and support for women who are interested in wearing the hijab, or who are in the early stages of their hijab journey. We understand that the decision to wear the hijab is impacted by social and spiritual values and that it can come with its own set of challenges and questions. That’s where we come in.
The mentorship program includes five 60-minute sessions with a mentor, either Sahar Jaber in English or Haniya Salameh in Arabic. The topics covered in these sessions include theology, Islamic scripture, Islamic jurisdiction, and various ways to transition to or improve upon your hijab.
The mentorship program includes five 60-minute sessions
Either Sahar Jaber in English or Haniya Salameh in Arabic
Topics include theology, Islamic scripture, Islamic jurisdiction
- We only provide a limited number of available seats per month, so we recommend booking your sessions in advance to secure your spot. If you also face financial difficulties, we provide financial assistance with the mentorship, as we believe finance should never be a reason to stop you from learning about the hijab.